arguing divinity and sex (was sex/fronteer)

hi kyle (and list),

(kyle)
> well, yours just happened to be the one i got fed up
> on all this
> consensus-forming attitude towards how to handle or
> even refer to sex.

you're condemning luci and the rest for arguing in
much the same way you argued with her.  why is that?

(luci)
>> but just because i think that god knows all doesn't
>> mean that god screwed up because there are too many
>> humans.

(kyle)
> does this sound contradictory to anyone else??

it's contradictory, maybe, for a particular school of
thought...that is one among many...but not for every
thinker out there...certainly not for people of faith.
 i bet kyle is a rationalist...hey, kyle, you can join
with a bunch of the evangelical christian coalition if
you so desire :)  you might fit in quite well.

> the god entity mentioned above sounds like he either
> doesn't care or is
> incompetent.

neither...but certainly the aforementioned entity
excedes the bounds of what you or i might set as
criteria for either (i.e. "doesn't care or is
incompetent") or he wouldn't be called "god"...and
then the said deity would be defined by us instead of
vice versa.

> i am not embittered in the least.  i've always been
> that way.  why limit
> yourself to one person when there are so many other
> avenues to be explored?

oh c'mon.  don't tell me you're an essentialist now
:)?

[re: reasons for "mutants" etc.]
> once again, we've dropped to the level of incoherent
> wishful thinking/blind
> faith talk.  only gods knows the purpose, please
> spare me the platitudes.
> can we not think for ourselves anymore?

how many of these "mutants" do you know, out of
curiosity?

take care,
marie