Re: sex, the final frontier...

first of all, i'm not saying there should be a consensus on how we treat sex
and there obviously isn't one. it just seemed to me that most of the
arguements posted on the list were attempting to show how sex should be dealt
with. anyway, this seems like a rather picky and petty point to argue on.

secondly, omniscience is dependant on your definition of god. the god i
believe in is omniscient, but just because i think that god knows all doesn't
mean that god screwed up because there are too many humans. in having faith
that god knows all i must also have faith that god knows what he/she/it is
doing in creating or allowing all these humans to exist.

third, wild ride? moses' wife? what are you talking about?

fourth, perhaps you think that no heterosexual male would ever do anything
nice for any woman without wanting/expecting some sort of sexual repayment.
fine, that's the way you think. i, however, would prefer to think that maybe
a guy's just being nice. perhaps i'm just being naive, but that's my choice. y
ou've obviously made yours.

fifth, i'll readily agree that the bible was probably written by a bunch of
men, young or old. i have no clue as to the attractiveness or lack there of,
as i'm sure you do not either. hell is mentioned in the bible...but nice try.

sixth, you seem to have a real problem with the concepts of monogamy and
faithfulness...i don't know what has embittered you to these things, but
they're not all that bad. as a matter of fact, when properly put into
practice, they're actually pretty amazing. as for making sex unimaginative or
workman-esque...if sex is truely an act of love (as i would like to believe)
and not an act of lust (as you would like to believe) then it would never
become workman-esque or something you have to do...yet remain something you
want to do.

seventh, actually donne had just gotten divorced before he wrote "the
cannonization", but he wrote quite a few poems, many pertaining to sex, both
before and after his divorce and you know what? they all have the same view
of sex.

eighth, "love is an illusion"? wow, i'm really sorry you feel that way. and
that would explain why you seem to have absolutely no interest in any sort of
monogamous or faithful relationship. i hope that someday you find someone who
loves you enough and to whom you are attracted enough that it changes your
mind because a life without love is one i wouldn't want to even attempt to
live. and yes, sex can happen with or without love...my point was that i feel
that it shouldn't happen without love. obviously you disagree.

nineth, i am rather new at it, but that's my choice and i'd rather be naive
and hopeful than experienced and gloomy.

tenth, retards, mutants, and crack babies are god's creations as well and
although they may not fit your idea of what life should be created as, they
do serve a purpose. perhaps only god knows what purpose it is, but there is
one.

eleventh, and finally, obviously you and i have different opinions on sex,
what it stands for, and how to view it so i'm not even going to try to
convince you that sex for the sake of sex and without any sort of love is
wrong. you have your beliefs, i have mine. i just hope that yours make you
happy.

luci edwards