Re: sex, the final frontier...

> first of all, i'm not saying there should be a consensus on how we treat
sex
> and there obviously isn't one. it just seemed to me that most of the
> arguements posted on the list were attempting to show how sex should be
dealt
> with. anyway, this seems like a rather picky and petty point to argue on.

well, yours just happened to be the one i got fed up on all this
consensus-forming attitude towards how to handle or even refer to sex.
fuck, intercourse, boinking, whatever.  its all the same thing.

>but just because i think that god knows all doesn't
> mean that god screwed up because there are too many humans.

does this sound contradictory to anyone else??  it makes no sense to me and
i even tried to read it backwards.  wait, wait, lets rearrange the words :
but just because i think that god screwed up doesn't mean gods knows there
are too many humans.

ok, this makes more sense now.  so you are saying that the population issue
is casued by god's lack of knowledge of our current conditions?

>in having faith
> that god knows all i must also have faith that god knows what he/she/it is
> doing in creating or allowing all these humans to exist.

the god entity mentioned above sounds like he either doesn't care or is
incompetent.

> third, wild ride? moses' wife? what are you talking about?\

it was joke.

>i, however, would prefer to think that maybe
> a guy's just being nice.

the question one have to ask is why is he being nice?  we do things for a
reason, and we are not doing it for our own health.

>hell is mentioned in the bible...but nice try.

oh yeah, find me some proof.

> sixth, you seem to have a real problem with the concepts of monogamy and
> faithfulness...i don't know what has embittered you to these things,

i am not embittered in the least.  i've always been that way.  why limit
yourself to one person when there are so many other avenues to be explored?
everyone bores me eventually.  i've tried it once or twice and monogamy is
uninspiring to say the least.

why do women always think you are embittered or something happened in the
past for you to not believe in love, faithful and all that other sappy crap?

>if sex is truely an act of love (as i would like to believe)
> and not an act of lust (as you would like to believe) then it would never
> become workman-esque or something you have to do...yet remain something
you
> want to do.

just give it time, little chickie :)  either you will get sick of him or he
will get sick of you.  its merely a matter of time.  just wait and see.

> seventh, actually donne had just gotten divorced before he wrote "the
> cannonization", but he wrote quite a few poems, many pertaining to sex,
both
> before and after his divorce and you know what? they all have the same
view
> of sex.

and he is such an authority figure because...?  he is after all just another
failed english bureaucrat turned minister.

>i hope that someday you find someone who
> loves you enough and to whom you are attracted enough that it changes your
> mind because a life without love is one i wouldn't want to even attempt to
> live.

no, no, stop.  bite your tongue with your hopes and such...

>and yes, sex can happen with or without love...my point was that i feel
> that it shouldn't happen without love. obviously you disagree.

lustful sex is the best kind, don't knock it until you try it first.

> nineth, i am rather new at it, but that's my choice and i'd rather be
naive
> and hopeful than experienced and gloomy.

who you calling gloomy?  i am the anti-gloomy, on most days :)

> tenth, retards, mutants, and crack babies are god's creations as well and
> although they may not fit your idea of what life should be created as,
they
> do serve a purpose. perhaps only god knows what purpose it is, but there
is
> one.

once again, we've dropped to the level of incoherent wishful thinking/blind
faith talk.  only gods knows the purpose, please spare me the platitudes.
can we not think for ourselves anymore?