On a related note:

Here's a rant I wrote for Jiggyweek, seems a propos now.   If not, screw
you, I'm gonna post it anyway.

****
Subject: Exit Polls
So what's the deal with exit polls, anyway?

I've voted in every local, state & national election since I became
enfranchised in 1994. I've never been exit polled, never *seen* an exit
poll, and an informal survey of my friends and coworkers over the last day
or two indicates that pretty much nobody I know has ever been exit polled,
or seen an exit poll in progress.

I'm beginning to be convinced that there really are no exit polls, and it's
just a giant conspiracy by the major media conglomerates to influence the
outcome of areas where the polls are still open. Think about it - what
better way to help out the ratings of your election coverage and justify the
ridiculous amount of it there is by creating the closest presidential
election in recorded history?

I'm not buying it.

Also, I'm irritated because State Issue 1 (Ohio) passed yesterday. My only
theory is that people saw buzzwords like "environment" and "conservation"
and assumed that it would be a good thing, instead of the half-baked thing
it really is. Adding half a million dollars of debt to the state so big
corporations don't have to pay to clean up their own industrial messes.
Sheesh. A little further digging into (un)official poll tallies from the
Ohio Secretary Of State's office shows that the ballots were split almost
exactly 50/50 across the state with the exception of a few counties:
Franklin (Columbus), Montomery (Dayton), Hamilton, Butler (Cincinnati), and
Cuyahoga, Lake, Geauga (Cleveland). These counties were overwhelmingly *for*
the measure. And an overwhelming majority of the industrial type business in
this state are in those counties? Coincidence? I think not.

It's all a big joke. The whole thing. All of it.