Re: Call for a re-vote.

> > Several thousand Gore voters inadvertently voted for Buchanan instead
> > of Gore because of the misalignment of the arrow and hole punch on the
> > ballot.

Bull-fricken-caca.  There is absolutely *no* misalignment on the ballot.
If thousands of people voted for the wrong guy -- and there is absolutely
no way anybody could *know* that, even if it were true -- it's because
they didn't take the time to follow the directions.  Anybody *that*
careless *deserves* to have their vote go to Buchanan.

Democrats and Republicans both approved the ballot in advance.  You don't
change the rules *after* you've played the game.

--- Peter T. Chattaway ------------------------ petert at interchg_ubc.ca ---