more beatles

Was this that Chattaway fellow who said this?  (Sorry digest confusion.)
(But I think we should always refer to ?Peter? as "That Chattaway fellow.
 It sounds fabulous.)

Anyway, this:

>Everything?  Hardly.  There was a fair bit of mediocre stuff in the
latter
>half of their career, too.  And it's not like their early music wasn't
any
>good.  The amazing thing about the Beatles is that they went from making
>pop-jingle "entertainment" to making "art" and did both so well.

About the stuff that was just goofy and ridiculous and not so high-art in
their later catalog.  I love that they did it.  I love that they started
putting out songs that just made them pleased about doing music.  I think
musicians should do that, especially if they're in such an (unlikely)
position of flexible power as the late Beatles were.  ANd if they're not.
 For heaven's sake, it's music.  Have fun with it.  Jump back onstage at
2:00 AM and play Jack's Valentine b/c it'll make everybody happy and it
doesn't have to be great, only greatly felt.

Um.

Thus he rambleth again.

fred

PS: My biggest complaint about the Beatles is their name.  I mean.
Beatles.  Beat-ulls.  No.  This is a silly name.