"that golightly guy" and other mystic tales

the new paul said:

> Thank you.  A lot of people say that when they first meet me.  I happen to
> like my name.  Though I don't know how it would look on the cover of a book.
> What do you think?

hm... i think it would depend what genre of book you were to write...and i'm thinking it might
work well with a first initial/middle name combination...like S. Paul Golightly...or
something...but i'll admit that's a little on the trendy side...

> Paul.  <(-:&

paul, do you have curly hair and a goatee?  because if you don't, i'll have to be moderately upset
with you for misrepresenting yourself...

otr content:
i'm glad linford cut his hair again.  i don't think it's right for a man to have hair longer than
his wife's...

also, i was thinking yesterday about this new album...and realized that when it comes out, i'll
probably have heard, and will nearly know by heart, each song on it...and i remember when gdbd
came out...and we went down to sawyer point for what promised to be a fabulous night of bliss and
new music...and what turned out to be lots of rain and only three songs that whetted our appetites
until we could get home to a cd player...

and we rushed back to dayton...threw it in...cursed the house for all those sleeping when what was
really required was music so loud and surrounding that we would become engulfed in every
imperfection of linford's old upright....but quiet was better than sleep...and we sat for sixty
some odd minutes...listening to karin's every careful breath...to the nakedness of the words and
melody sleeping in sin...it was an amazing gift...i sat with my eyes closed, smiling out loud at
what was dazzling and unpredictable...

and i feel a little sad now...knowing what that night held for me...knowing that we've all been
waiting so long for a new record...it's almost like opening packages before christmas...there's
only half the joy left...

i half wish i lived in california and never got to see them...just because holding that music in
my hands for the first time, reverent with possibility...i'd almost wait...i'd almost deprive
myself of it for two days...no, three...waiting for the perfect moment...the perfect weather...the
perfect mug of cider...

just a thought...
mgn.