Re: more beatles

> Was this that Chattaway fellow who said this?  (Sorry digest confusion.)
> (But I think we should always refer to ?Peter? as "That Chattaway
> fellow.  It sounds fabulous.)

Got some British blood in you, do ya?

> > There was a fair bit of mediocre stuff in the latter half of their
> > career, too.  And it's not like their early music wasn't any good.
> > The amazing thing about the Beatles is that they went from making
> > pop-jingle "entertainment" to making "art" and did both so well.
>
> About the stuff that was just goofy and ridiculous and not so high-art
> in their later catalog.  I love that they did it.  I love that they
> started putting out songs that just made them pleased about doing music.

Um, weren't they doing that *all along*?  That was partly my point.  They
did pop music.  They did art.  They did other stuff.  But everything they
did, they loved, more or less -- and they did it all so well.

> PS: My biggest complaint about the Beatles is their name.  I mean.
> Beatles.  Beat-ulls.  No.  This is a silly name.

Works for me, though.  Even if it was originally the name of a bunch of
biker chicks.  :)

--- Peter T. Chattaway ------------------------ petert at interchg_ubc.ca ---