everything goes back to . . .

Kelvin says about the greatness of the Beatles:

>>You know, everyone says that, but I'm gonna need some convincing.<<

Let me sort of echo Dan here.

Listen to the Beatles catalog.  Pay special attention when you get to the
later experimental stuff.  Then, every time you here something innovative
in a song, think to yourself, "Wait, did the Beatles already do this?"
The answer will probably be yes.

Example:

Statement: That's an amazing sound collage Beck has put together there.
Response: Wait, did the Beatles already do this?
Response 2: Sure.  Revolution #9.

Now.  Beck's stuff makes Rev #9 look like kid stuff in some ways.  But
Rev #9 is the track Beck rode into the sunset of Odelay.  Or something
like that.

I dunno.

Maybe I just like saying, "Everyting goes back to the Beatles."

Of course, the Beatles go back to some things, too.

And sometimes some things go back to the Stones.

Um.

I will now teach 19 year olds to site multiple sources in the MLA format.

That is all.

Fred