Re: soccer/futbol (RE: Good flicks?)

> As far as football goes, yeah maybe when there is some action they move
> pretty quickly (as quick as a guy built like a land rover can), but jeez
> ya sit there and wait, and wait, and wait......

It's time for a quote from George Will.

   You really don't want a President who is a football fan. Football
   combines the worst features of American life. It is violence punctuated
   by committee meetings.

   -- quoted in David Olive, _Political Babble: The 1,000 Dumbest Things
   Ever Said by Politicians_, New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1992, page 95.

--- Peter T. Chattaway ------------------------ petert at interchg_ubc.ca ---