Re: soccer/futbol (RE: Good flicks?)

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000 13:07:20 -0400 "Kyle Howe" <howe.38 at osu_edu> writes:
> no, not blind violence, its FOCUSED FURY.  The application of
> maximum
> violence during shortest amount of time possible.  a thurderstorm as
> compared to soccer's slow drizzle.

No, you didn't just say that!  Soccer slow?   Dude, stop watching the 5
year old girls playing.  That's one of the main reasons I prefer soccer
over any sport.  It's quick.  As far as football goes, yeah maybe when
there is some action they move pretty quickly (as quick as a guy built
like a land rover can), but jeez ya sit there and wait, and wait, and
wait......

> football is also much more of a thinking sport than one gives it
> credit for.

Yeah, I know that in every school I attended, the football players were
veritable geniuses.

> you dont' see those soccer players lugging around playbooks the size
> of
> dictionaries, do you?

They're only big because pictures take up more room than words.

 .not just a bunch of ballerinas running around the field
> trying to
> kick each other in the shin.

Baryshnikov...Now there's an athlete!

> plus, i've played both for  years, and i find football to be much
> more
> exhilarating, still remember when i drilled someone in the chest for
> the
> first time...or the first time i send someone to the hospital in a
> neck
> brace,  soccer, heh.
>
> you can't say that can you?  did you play football?  i didn't think
> so. so i
> have to doubt your frame of reference :)

I didn't play either, so that makes me totally objective.  Not a bias to
speak of!

Kelvin