RE: soccer/futbol (RE: Good flicks?)

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Kyle Howe wrote:

> > so the democratic sport (NA football) invovles blind violence
> > with moments
> > of redeeming grace, whereas a 'communist' sport (futbol)
>
> democratic is not the opposite of communist, by the way.
> capitalist(ic) would be the word you are thinking of.

yes. that's what i meant - after a while the terms run together in my mind
- they sort of mean the same thing. as in a democratic country gives mroe
control to the public and the communist country is mroe gov't run.  very
loose control of words there - capitalism is better.

rhys

 --
Not all who wander are lost. JRR Tolkein