Re: FW: Good flicks?

 I just opened a book, and by coinsidence there was a quote in there that
said pretty nearly what I was trying to say.

" If the book we are reading does not wake us, as with a fist hammering
on our skull, why then do we read it?  Good God, we would also be happy
if we had no books, and such books as make us happy we could, if need be,
write ourselves.  But what we must have are those books which come upon
us like ill - fortune, and distress us deeply, like the death of one we
love better then ourselves, like suicide.  A book must be an ice - ax to
break the sea frozen inside us."

Franz Kafka