FW: Good flicks?

----------
From: chelsea kay <chelsea at joshuahouse_org>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 14:34:29 -0500
To: Jennifer K Cochran <j-cochran at juno_com>
Subject: Re: Good flicks?

Jennifer... Interestingly enough... I agree with everything that you've said
here. Although I must say that the people who professed to be praying for
Tori's salvation seemed to me to be saying something very sweet and
genuinely good. I found their great love and concern for Tori to be noble. I
mean ... all of them recognize her as a brilliant artist and listen to her
music and buy her cds and even relate to them. They hear what is often the
dark places in her soul and rather than just throwing them aside as
entertainment for themselves... they get on their knees and go to their
creator and Tori's creator and ask for relief and peace for her. I think
that is wonderful. NOW... on the other side of the coin... none of those
people nor I nor you or anyone should presume to define the state of
anyone's soul. So... that I agree with that. Am I making any sense at all?
:)
Now... as to this question of art and love/life/holiness (the can of worms
that I so graciously opened for all of us)   I totally agree with both your
and Kelvin's response about art and the darker side of things. God forbid
that we go around naive and cheery and paste smiles on the world. Please no.
So I guess I have some more thinking to do about what it is I'm getting at.
I am not in favor of censoring or watering down... I don't know precisely
what it is I'm trying to work out. I guess I will rent the movie to better
understand and respond. But it seems that this has moved beyone one
particular movie.

One last note. I don't presume to know the right or wrong.. the black or
white. I just felt like this might be a safe place to bat it around a bit.
Yes?
Chelsea