Re: IKEA and Schuba's

In a message dated 7/10/00 3:39:26 PM Central Daylight Time,
Kendrickjd at aol_com writes:

<<
 Also, anyone going to see OTR at Schuba's on the 21st?  I am interested to
hear all these new songs people keep talking about...

 Jan >>

Yep, now I am! That one slipped by me, thanks. I'll be wearing a newly
acquired Lost Dogs T-shirt. Introduce yerself!
   I just saw them at C-stone Saturday evening. They did over a two hour set
and if any of you remember my last OtR review when I saw them at Wheaton and
how I left wanting let me just say that this one was just the opposite. A few
new tunes and some old faves (all great) and even the much overplayed Good
Dog stuff was acomplete joy this time. Jack's valentine was the best I have
ever heard it. I bet it went on for 20 minutes! Longer than they anticipated;
the audience was so into it that they all did impromptu jams and Karin
finished it off with a few impromptu lyric and voice stylings of her own.
They even came back and did a Junkies tune as a bonus.

undermercy,
Kevin

PS-even though I noticed that Karin was sporting pigtails as a few have
griped I'll just say that if she shave her head and grew a beard her voice
would still carry me away into other worlds like noone elses!

"How monotonous the sounds of the forest would be if music came only from the
top ten birds."