shauna did a bad, bad thing

i kind of left illinois saturday morning. over the rhine was literally the
only band the husband and i wanted to see saturday, so we saved a night of
hotel fees and left saturday morning. i feel kind of dumb about that.

i did have a (less than stimulating) conversation with linford, though.

s: so, um, is that a good cookie?
l: mmmhmm.

then i rambled about how the husband and i have a 1996 over the rhine
poster hanging in our dining room despite the fact that it's sort of scary.
and that i would just buy a different year's poster to replace it except
for that it was there before i was. the conversation i wanted to have was
about a book sitting at the table that linford may or may not have been
reading, anne lamott's _bird by bird_. but it came out, "is that a good
cookie." i believe that over the rhine had the only booth in the muddy
merch tent* where one could rest their feet on oriental rugs.

anyone who visited said booth may have seen me immediately beside it, the
(occasionally) surly redhead girl sitting behind the starflyer/velvet blue
music table. (that is, before we arrived one day and found that it was the
mxpx table. after which you may have seen me on the other side of the tent
at the velvet blue music/burnt toast vinyl table.) i was very pleased that
there were almost enough good bands there to make it worth my trip, and
that all the friends i got to see made up the difference.

*many things in the cornerstone merchandise tents, by the way, turned my
stomach. jesus himself probably would have turned over a table or two.

love,
shauna