Re: Re: broaden their horizons

On Tue, 06 Jun 2000 17:18:36 -0400 Dan Temmesfeld <dantemm at erinet_com> wrote:

--[OtR-related: has OtR ever been involved in GMA week?  is
the Roaring Lambs CD their first venture into the GMA/CBS
market?]--

Yeah, it is.  Although, when I was music buyer for the aforementioned store, I carried Patience (along with a couple Cockburn cd's, the Innocence Mission and Van Morrison.)  Didn't sell, but at least it set us apart.

--yeah, GMA... it was cool.  there was a lot of lameness, but
most of that filtered out based on what i went to... i stayed
away from all of the *big* evening drek...--

Actually, I remember being surprised several times but the evening stuff. Like the year DC Talk premiered 'Jesus Freak', Yolanda Adams, and the premier of Jars of Clay.  Of course, the last time I was there was in 95, before the whole "Butterfly" fiasco.

--nashville's a great town.  i'd move there in a heartbeat.
i'm going in september to see king's x at the 328... --

Y'know, I kind of agree.  I could definitely live there, but I couldn't work in the music industry there.  I think I would just throw up like seven times a day.

hlp

Kelvin