Re: tickling the taste buds?

hi.

-->  okay, iīm confused...why would you work at liking something you donīt
necessarily need to like?

i don't work at things i don't like  (um,  except my job, but that's a whole
'nother can O spaghetti-o's.),  but on the other hand,  i don't want to miss
out on anything that might be good.  i have been known to be wrong before,
so i keep an open mind (eye/ear/etc.).   I also predict that in some future
time,  i will voluntarily bring another can of guinness home one day and
give it another whirl.

>  seems like a waste.  i understand giving it a
>good, honest taste--trying it.  i think i would understand it if it had
some
>worthy health value like a veggie that maybe isnīt all that spectacular...

i used to  not care for eggplant.  now,  after several attempts at it,  i
find i like it.   i will even order it in a  restaurant now,  throwing money
at it.    zucchini still sucks!
db used to hate asparagus.  now she kinda likes it.  but for her,  beets
still suck.  (i like beets.  she likes  zucchini.  go figure)

>but beer?  if itīs alcohol you seek, there are plenty of other options and,
>might i add, plenty of beers and ciders.  please enlighten me here...

it's about keeping an open mind.   it may suck, but i may still do it.

jg