Re: tickling the taste buds?

  okay, iīm confused...why would you work at liking something you
>donīt necessarily need to like?  seems like a waste.  i understand giving
>it a good, honest taste--trying it.  i think i would understand it if it
>had some worthy health value like a veggie that maybe isnīt all that
>spectacular... but beer?  if itīs alcohol you seek, there are plenty of
>other options and, might i add, plenty of beers and ciders.  please
>enlighten me here...
>
>-la mexicana (marie)

why drink guinness?  it doesn't taste good, but people still drink it.
guinness is not a beer for partying.  at least not for me.  and it doesn't
help you stay up late to write papers like coffee.  people drink guinness
because it is an elitist status symbol.  like snuff used to be.  yeah, we're
all miserable, pretending we like it, but at least we feel cool.

okay, that's a lie.  i've always liked the taste of guinness, but that was
after i acquired the taste of beer.  i acquired a taste for beer because i
was a delinquint.  now i just drink it for the taste.

i think it's a good idea for every good american citizen to work at
acquiring a taste for beer.  not to get drunk, but to be mellow and to have
a good taste in your mouth.  it's very rewarding, marie, you should try it.
start with dos equis amber down there in mexico.  eventually you'll find
yourself in pub in ireland.

brian