Re: VOL @ Southgate House

     Vigilantes of Love at Southgate House, Newport, KY was a good concert.
The openers, pike 27, played country-rock, what they called "roots" music.
VOL were only three musicians this time:
drum, bass, and Bill Mallonee.  Bill litterly jumped up and down at
many points.  He is full of energy.  He left very little time between
the songs.  The encore was generously long.  Instead of a set list he
had entire songs written on many sheets of paper.  They were mostly
new songs he said.  Afterwards he talked with several people from the
audience while he was tearing down the equipment.  They signed with
a new label a week ago and need to quickly replace the lead guitar
player.  Bill said that the guy who sometimes plays mandoline goes to
the same church as he does; the mandoline player could not take
another tour and had to leave.  They need to find a replacement very
soon for the new record company.

--Rick C