OtR & Hippy-chicks

My boring story (at the risk of sounding like a star-struck 13-year-old girl)...

Back in the day - about 1993 or so - I was attempting to get it together with this really swell young lady who had just moved here and took a job where I worked.  Up to that time I had kind of been the resident wierdo at work and when she came along I kind of felt like we were soul-mates.  Anyway, to make a long story longer, that "whatever" ran its course, but she left me with an incredible gift - Over the Rhine.  She let me borrow "Patience", which I loved.  Shortly thereafter "Eve" emerged - which I loved.  I continued to play catch-up until I purchased "Good Dog Bad Dog" - which I immensely loved.
My first concert was in a small ampitheatre on the Ohio River in New Albany, Indiana.  Great music and lots of interesting people.  My second, and probably one of the richest concert experiences of my increasingly longer life, was at Cornerstone in 1997.  At that point OtR officially became the band of all bands.  This was solidified when I spent some time in September of that year on the beach in North Carolina with OtR and Jack Kerouac.  Every vacation or long weekend I get now is spent trying to somehow recapture those moments of peace and mystery.  (Not unlike the pressure every December to recapture the magical Christmases of my little midwestern childhood...something that will probably never happen.)

Kelvin