REV: Vigilantes of Love, 4/19

Pike 27 opened up.  Um... too country for me.  I think
they played too long...

Bill Mallonee and the Vigilantes of Love (as they're
now called) came on and started off the set with 2 brand
new songs.  In fact, they played about 6 brand new songs
during the evening.  They only played one pre-Roof song.
Most of the set was stuff from Audible Sigh or brand
new stuff.

The setlist seemed to be made up on the fly by Bill & Co.
Here's what I remember that they played:

- 6 brand new songs (one called "Breathe" that I liked
    fairly well.  i can't remember the names of any of
    the other new songs)
- some baseball song, but not "Russell Perry" (I forget
    the name of it, but I've heard 'em play it before)
- When You're Blinded by the Light
- But Not for Long
- Now the Train Pulls Away
- Goes without Saying (fka Cloth of Life)
- She Walks on Roses
- Black Cloud O'er Me
- Extreme North of the Compass
- Nothing like a Train
- Solar System
- Good Luck Charm
- Watching the Moonlight (from "Jugular")

Different show than the other times I've seen 'em.  It's
just kinda weird how I have all of their albums, but 1/3
of the setlist was unknown.  Good stuff though.  Bill
said something to the effect of "I don't get attached to
songs that I've played 2000 times."  Melissa mentioned
something to me about Karin & Linford that made me laugh.
:)  I think it's long overdue for OtR (aka K&L) switch
up their setlist...

I mean, what happened to all of those new songs that they
played at the Canal Street shows in March 1999?  Those
two shows were the only times I've heard "The World Can
Wait" and "It's Never Quite What It Seems" in concert.
They haven't even brought out their new(er) stuff like
"Toledo/Tumbleweeds" or "Moth" in a while... at least it
doesn't seem like it... hmm...

Anyway, off my rant and back to the VoL show... Melissa,
Rick and Chris (Creole) were all there.  Any other listies
there?

i just want to see the real from the fantasy,
Dan

np: king's x - dogman

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
   dantemm at erinet_com      http://www.dlm.net/gc/