Re: More info on the play Elliott Smith is in...

My lord, Elliott is a genius.  He was in Heatmiser (but I'm guessing if
you've not heard of him, you've not heard of them).  Imagine Paul-Simon-y
vocals atop pleasant Beatle-esque pop with a lo-fi mentality and lyrics that
are really applicable to real life.

Gus Van Sant took a bunch of ES recordings and slapped 'em on to the Good
Will Hunting soundtrack, added a new one (which was nominated for an Oscar,
Elliott was fun to watch at the show).  ES also recorded the Beatles
"Because" for American Beauty s/t.

His new CD came out last Tuesday.

At least 4 minor label CDs, lots of EP, 7"s, etc.
2 major label CDs now.

Start with Elliott Smith, or Either/Or in my opinion.

Bruce