Re: lyrics and interpreting and.....

My love is a fever:
See, I've never even thought of that song as anything more than a well
written ode to hormonal affection.  The song itself is sexy.  I mean
sometimes I get turned on just listening to it.  It has that wailing
guitar and those drums, Karin singing those metaphors in that dripping
wet with emotion voice of hers.  The up and down cadence of the whole
song.  The tentativeness, mixed with the full speed ahead driving
chords.  The whispering, the longing.  I could go on and on.  I just
think you're trying to put too much into it Brian my boy.

I totally disagree with you're stance on interpretation.  I mean I agree
there are wrong interpretations of things, but were not sitting on that
fine line here, are we?

Take for example Gulliver's Travels.  I first read it as a child and
loved it.  It took me away to Lilliput and Brobdignag.  I took
everything literally and it moved me.  Much later in college, I find out
that Swift wrote the thing as a political satire and there's all these
inside jokes, and satirical devices that, unless you were alive at the
time, don't really mean much to the average reader.  I mean yeah, it's
great to study this stuff for the method, but I liked the story much
better when I really thought there were giants and tiny people that
could be urinated upon etc., etc.  There were even lots of his
contemporaries who felt this way too.

I guess I'm glad I know why Swift wrote that, I just didn't need to know
any of it to enjoy the story.  That's my point here.  These lyrics are
so good, and I have enough love for the music, that although I would
enjoy knowing what was behind it, it's not necessary for me to really
dig the song.  Maybe some folks needed to know that that last guy who
picks up Gulliver is the satirical norm--that he was a christ-like
figure.  I necessarily didn't.

So, to each his own, man.  If you really need to dig around in Linford's
head to enjoy the music, go for it.  All I ask is that you post it here
when you find out.

:)