RE has the list limped to the side of the wrong road?

>My fellow followers of Over the Rhine,
>
>(I use these words pretty loosely.)

the word "sanctimonious" comes to mind, and i do use it loosely too,  the more precise terms are not for this wimpy crowd.

>but when I heard Karin's voice, it was as if the credits
>of my life began to roll in front of me right along with hers and the
>lights
>went down and the characters appeared and disappeared. Friends, foes and
>lovers alike. I slipped out immediately following the last quirky encore
>and
>breathed deeply beneath the lights of this amazing, tired city and I was
>sort of flying I suppose because I certainly don't remember my feet
>touching
>the ground. I longed to connect with others who could help me come down.

ok, OtR is just a band, its not a religious experience, its not the second coming of a deity, its not a born-again cult (at least i hope not)  so get off the high horse and treat them like the humans they are.  their goals are no more lofty than your other bands coming out and trying to make it.

>Try as I might, I can't draw a line from Over the Rhine's music,
>to the vast majority of exchanges that I found on this list.

 (and many blahs later)

its called non-linear thinking.  people do that sometimes, topics branch off into other fields, so on and so forth. when you go to dinner with someone, you don't just talk about the food in front of you, do you?  some people like variety, and when we are not talking about other issues, the list dies, as what happened a couple of months ago.

>Why have you stuck around?

i personally find all the discussions amusing