love and war and stupid people

Let's see I was skimming along at the digest when I spotted DM talking about
something which I am very much a part of:

<<
 >>Something inside us understands that things aren't what they are
 >>supposed to be and we make up stories that are often metaphors of >the
 >>imprint
 >

 >Faulty Matrix programming.

 Was it the same cat?
 Yeah but the wrong girlfriend... (hi 10) >>

(Howdy DM)

People put themselves into danger for these reasons, and for
love. The defense of a loved one. Ask my uncle who's one parole for
hospitalizing the genetic failure who tried to rob my aunt. Ask my
exgirlfriend who the who was stalking her is only breathing due to the fact
she wouldn't give me permission to kill him.

Even the love left over for an ex would still cause to make the same decsions
as I did on that night so long ago.....  I would/will never let anyone
endanger themselves over me or my problems.  If you want to call that honor
than do.  I perfer to call it unselfishness.  War could happen, but was
avoided.  BTW the bastard got out with probation.

So, what do you think of the band? Ever heard of them? Ever read the lyrics?
No?
How about Robert Heinlein? Go read Time Enough for Love, Stranger in a
Strange Land, and To Sail Beyond the Sunset
and get back to me on the whole good/evil/love thing?

I sooo agree.  Heinlein is excellent for the above.  As long as you can get
through the first 50 pages.  To quote Cake (a personal fav.):
"As soon as you're born /you start to die /so you mine as well /make the most
of life."

I was staying in my own corner for awhile.  Skimming the digest and trying to
ignore what could be the lists' own version of war.  Well here are my
potshots.  Any takers?

Heather