Re: ya know what gets me....

I guess that I've been silent throughout this discussion (for the most
part) for long enough.  All of the arguements and debates on what makes a
Christian artist... I guess that it angers me a bit.  I am a visual
artist.  I am a Catholic and therefore christian.  Does this make me a
christian artist?  Maybe yes, and maybe no.  That is for no one but
myself to judge.  I guess that many people might say no because I don't
feel the need to evangilize through my work..  Is my faith apparrent in
my work?  I think so, but only in the sense that my faith is an intrical,
and very private part of who I am. It comes from that same deep down
soul-spot that my work comes from, and really every thing genuine that I
do comes from.
	I dislike evangilizing, and perhaps even in saying any of this
I'm making a hypocrit of myself.  Bare inmind that I can speak only for
myself. But whether an artist or the art work is christian or not really
doesn't matter.  Its what you bring to it when you veiw, or listen to it.
 I don't believe that you can take anything away with you from an
artwork, then what you already had when you got there.  I think that art
just helps you to clarify your own veiw of yourself.  Whether the artist
is noncristian or christian does not matter.  whether the artist is gay
or straight does not matter.  It only matters what you bring with you and
see about yourself through that artwork.

		jen
...one half prayer and the other half curse...
                                      -bill maloney