Re: ya know what gets me....

-- BEGIN included message

<< i mean i like that band.  but as far as lifting up
 the god that 2 of them (you know who) say they love
 and follow.  they fail like 5th grade, baby.  they
 ain't no christian band.   >>

I would like to address this briefly.  I know I am asking to be flamed; but I
have wanted to say this a long time.  If you compare OtR to, for example,
D.C. Talk, what you are saying is valid.  The whole point of bands like DC
Talk or Point of Grace or Anointed or Jars of Clay (to some extent) is to put
out overt Christian messages.  Ones that everybody can get and almost
everyone will interpret about the same way. That is not the point of OtR.
OtR is DEFINITELY not a "contemporary christian" band as such.  I dont think
there are many who would classify them that way.  But any band, in my
opinion, to the extent that they express their souls and preserve truth is
serving the purpose of Christ.  It doesnt have to be "Christian" per se.
This is spoken entirely from a Christian perspective, and I dont expect
non-Christians to agree or even all Christians to agree.  What I am saying
works up from the assumption that Christianity is true.  But I wanted to say
that.  And now I will shut up.  please dont flame me!

Debbie

-- END included message