GDBD

WHOA!

I just received my first Over the Rhine record. The Back Porch release of
Good Dog, Bad Dog.
What a beautiful, haunting, amazing record. This voice is unbelieveable. I'm
stunned. Are the other records as good or even better? Still waiting for the
ordered "Till we have faces" and ready to order everything I'll be able to
get my hands on.

The only thing I don't understand about this record is why Ric's guitars are
so in the background... why didn't he play some more solo parts or
something? I don't think it woul have destroyed the album's athmosphere...
and, am I right that the oboe and bagpipe sounds in "Happy to be so" are
Ric's E-bow? If so I don't quite understand why they don't use actual oboes
and bagpipes... maybe I'm just ignorant here...

It's hard to say anthing about favs by now (just listened to it once) but
the Karin gives me the creeps in It's never quite what it seems...

Tobi (: