the Ball

     Here is a little more information on Cincinnati sites for the ball.

     Lara Austin pointed out that the 150 person minimum at Coney Island
Moonlight Pavillion and Moonlight Gardens is too many people.

     Lara asked about Arnold's Bar and Grill so I called.  I ate there once
and liked it.  The courtyard is good for local music.  There is plenty of
parking across the street at 8th and Sycamore, and a very large parking lot
about two blocks northeast.  The third floor holds 40 people.  For 75 people
they said that we could be split across 3 rooms on the second floor.  This
will not work for music.  I asked about the courtyard.  They expect a $2000
minimum to use the courtyard.  $2000 divided by 75 people is $26.67.  They
recently had a wedding reservation for $2000 for 100 people and did not
charge extra for the use of the stage for wedding music.  Until May 1 it is
heated and tented.  After May 1 we take the risk of getting rained on.  The
ball needs to be after tax season so that looks like April 22 and April 29
if we want the heated tent.

     Amyjoy suggested Krohn conservatory, a large greenhouse in Eden Park.
I called and got a recorded message with some details.  I asked them to mail
more information.  Rental for 6 hours is $1200.  They charge extra for
tables, linen, chairs, glasses, and to rent a police officer.  They gave the
number of their exclusive caterer who will mail me a menu.  A sit down
dinner with cash bar for 75 people will range $15 - 25.  Not counting extra
costs of tables, chairs, etc.,  I figure $1200 divided by 75 people is $16.
Add food for $31.00 a person.  This is on the high end, but it really is a
beautiful and special place.  I do not know yet if they will allow us to set
up a stage.

     Keep sending suggestions.  I will try to call each possible place.  I
am also going through the yellow pages as I find the time.

--Rick C