re: good albums

jseth:  I don't understand how you could own the Milli Vanilli CD and not
like it.  I mean, it's not like the CD is a big departure from anything that
was played off the radio from it.  I figure it's still a great pop album.

fred:  "MP4:  Days Since a Lost Time Accident" should be really good.  It's
funny Michael Penn married Aimee Mann awhile back; I loved both of their CDs
quite a lot.  Mike's only done 3 CDs prior, in the last 11 years, and
they've all spent a disproportionate amount of time in my player than
typical CDs.  Aimee's new soundtrack to "Magnolia" (has anyone seen that
yet?) is quite great too.

Michael Penn is also scheduled to produce the Wallflowers followup CD.

My worst CDs include a lot of remix singles and things.  I'm usually a
sucker for them (since I'm a Duran fan, and nearly all of theirs are
priceless) and I never learn that typical remixes suck logs.  The Paula
Abdul remix thing "Shut Up & Dance" is a prime example.  Janet Jackson's
remix collections (any of three) shows the flip side of the coin; each are
fun.

Bruce

NP:  John Taylor | John Taylor (1999)