Re: good albums

> jseth:  I don't understand how you could own the Milli Vanilli CD and not
> like it.  I mean, it's not like the CD is a big departure from anything that
> was played off the radio from it.  I figure it's still a great pop album.

One of the turning points in my life (no, really) was when I was able to
say "Sure, Rob and Fab didn't actually sing on the record, and the whole
thing was just a big con, but the two guys who DID do the singing did a
fine job". I'll put "Blame It On The Rain" on any list of the best pop
songs to come out around that time.

> fred:  "MP4:  Days Since a Lost Time Accident" should be really good.  It's
> funny Michael Penn married Aimee Mann awhile back; I loved both of their CDs
> quite a lot.  Mike's only done 3 CDs prior, in the last 11 years, and
> they've all spent a disproportionate amount of time in my player than
> typical CDs.  Aimee's new soundtrack to "Magnolia" (has anyone seen that
> yet?) is quite great too.

I'm a huge fan of both Aimee Mann and of the movie Magnolia.

Since we're talking about all-time favorites, my all time favorite is
Aimee's "Whatever"

Magnolia is my third favorite movie released in 1999 (behind Limbo and
Bringing Out The Dead)

Jeff