good albums

Losties--

I'm really bad at listing favorite albums.  I used to be in a band with a
guy who has top ten llists for everything.  Best albums.  Best singles.
Best foods.  Worst foods.  Most annoying things.  (If I remember right,
Phil Collins was his number 4 most annoying thing, and number 3 was
people who tried to convince him that Phil Collins was talented; whether
you agree or not, that's a brilliant strategy for stiffling a personally
annoying subject.  But this is a tangent.)  I have no skill in this.

Best albums of all time?

Something by the Beatles.
Something by the Stones.
Something by the Clash.
Something by the Velvet Underground.
Somethinng by the Pixies.
Something by U2.
Something by Prince.
Something by Springsteen.
Something by Dylan.
Something by REM.

That'd be a pretty weighty ten.  But racially imbalanced, especially
since rock and roll rolls out of the blues and stuff.  But there you go.

But so much left out.

Hendrix?  The Cure?  Janis?  The Dead?  Nirvana?  Pearl Jam?  Pavement?
Phair? Jeff Buckley?  Hole?  Elvis?  Buddy Holly?  Johnny Cash?

See.

Still I have only one non-white guy, and still I've left out a hundred
great bannds and performers.  Hell, what about SInatra!!!  Where's the
justice!!

This is just too hard.

Worst album buys?

Something by Petra.

Funniest?

I have a copy of Guardian's Fire and Love autographed by the entire band
AND the bass players little boy, who was about 6.

And so I leave you with this bit of info:

Michael Penn has a new album coming out at the beginning of February,
called MP4, with a subtitle I forget.  It may be the best album of
2/2000, but I haven't heard it, so I don't know.

And something by OtR would go on some sort of top ten somewhere, but
which one?

ping ponging over the abyss,

Fred