Re: First round o' thoughts....

Kelvin wrote:
>#2. Because it's close, and since I've never met any of you
>blokes before, it gives me the freedom to bail if no one
>likes me.  I'd hate to commit to a whole weekend a day's
>drive away only to find out we don't click.

Probably the only listies that you'd have problems clicking with are Drew
and Bruce.  They're just so hard to talk to in person... :)

...or maybe not.  Actually, quite honestly, I don't think there's a listie
that I've met that hasn't been completely cool and easy to get along with.
OtR fans are the nicest people, from what I can tell...

>>Is Spring/Summer a good time for you, or would you prefer some
>>other time of year?
>
>Anytime between spring break and Cornerstone

Yay!  After last year's fest, I swore I wouldn't go back unless the line-up
improved.  Well, the first 7 confirms for 2000 are already an improvement,
IMO.  I think I'm gonna go this year... I just wish Caedmon's Call would do
it again.  The first year I did C-stone, CC almost cancelled, but Derek and
Todd (or maybe it was D & Garrett) played a stripped-down "guitar with
drum" show.

And Rich Mullins got on stage and played "Hope to Carry On" with them.
That was a good time.  Only to see Rich pass away a few month after that...
I'm sad.

>>What kind of entertainment appeals to you? Our own Lostees? Inviting
>>outside talent? If so, whom, do you have any connections to help with
>>this, and would you be willing to pay extra for this?
>
>If I were Linford I would want to be there with band in tow, playing a
>show featuring songs voted on by the listees...or a "Listee All Star
>Band"  thingy featuring the best of gothic-folk-retro tunes with
>appropriately nasal sounding vocals a-la Caedmon's Call.

I think the nasally vocals are only a third (or so) of their sound... the
tunes where Cliff and/or Danielle sing lead vocals aren't quite that way.
Actually, I think Derek's vocals are more of a "nasal sound meets
sore-throat sound."  I love his songs, though.  His tunes seem to have the
more personal element to them...

Anyway, that had nothing to do with the Ball, just my thoughts on a great
band... woohoo!

Where'd all the color go,
Dan

NP: Chroma Key - Dead Air for Radios

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
   dantemm at erinet_com      http://www.dlm.net/gc/