tremendous blessings and beauty.

Grove City, Ann Arbor, Stratford Ontario - and now Dexter, MI.

hello, edward jay here.

a short "hello, thank you all for your congratulations,
Lindsey wanted me to tell you all hello also."

so - a few words regarding tremendous blessings and beauty
before i throw on my overcoat and leave for the year...
this evening will be spent with my newlywed in the selection
of a Christmas tree.

it's true - as of December eighteenth,
Lindsey Renee' Godlove is now Lindsey Renee' Harnish.
thank God.   (!)
i don't mind saying that it was the most beautiful wedding
i've ever seen.
only a few memories from the Harbison Chapel ceremony:
a grande pillared room, the glow of candlelight down the aisles
and all along the front, illuminated cobalt blue stained glass.
i prepared a collection of songs to be played before our hammered
dulcimer lady started - mostly comprised of of Linford's solo piano,
Darkest Night of the Year, and Miss Loreena McKennitt.
i retreated to the balcony minutes before the procession to pray,
to center myself, and to briefly survey the atmosphere that my beloved
and i were about to be wed in.
after i descended the stairs and prepared myself to go forward,
Lindsey's dear Maid of Honour Melanie approached me with
a whispered message - "Lindsey loves you tremendously."
my father and i were the first to walk in.
he was performing the marriage and as we walked down together,
he whispered warnings to me that he had to make it through
the service too, and please don't make it difficult to do so.
after many close calls, we all made it through the entire ceremony
without breaking down in tears completely.
my father really did marry us, and his words
"i now pronounce you husband and wife...
what God has created let no man separate" still ring in my head.
as my Best Man, Christopher McLennan played Mist Covered
Mountains on his bagpipes as John Godlove walked his radiant
youngest daughter down the aisle.
Lindsey bought me the finest celtic wedding band i've seen -
i'm so very proud to wear it. white gold celtic border with gold trim.
there was much laughter in the congregation and heckling later on
over my cherished kissing of the bride.
my response: "what did i do that was so wrong?
...what did you expect?"

and then there was the party.
hosted at the Coffee Grove, our favorite hangout in that town.
we covered Loreena McKennitt's version of God Rest Ye Merry
Gentlemen complete with Chris on bagpipes, Melanie on violin,
Lindsey as the voice, and myself on the doumbek.
Chris and i played plenty of jigs and reels,
the crowd burst into highland dancing throughout.
two dear friends from Grove City College played a song
in honour of Lindsey and i, lyrics provided by ee cummings.
the fesitivities were tremendous.
strange how the couple's only food intake permitted
the entire time was that first bite of wedding cake.

JG and Monica, thank you so much for sharing that evening with us.

Lindsey and I planned to incorporate an Over the Rhine
experience in our honeymoon. we did, after all, meet persons
at an Over the Rhine show - amidst the church pews and Guinness
shots of Canal Street Tavern on March twentieth of this year.

i purchased tickets a couple weeks in advance, and we arrived
at The Ark in Ann Arbor Sunday night. quite late, of course.
OtR was halfway through Circle of Quiet and a staff lady
politely cleared our pre-purchased yet pirated seats for us.
after listening to bothered for the first time as a married man,
Linford non-apologetically began to tell all of us a story.
it went something along the lines of this...

"earlier this year, i think it was this spring, we played a show
down in Cincinnati. and you see, there's this emailing discussion
list for the band and we decided to announce a morning after
breakfast with whoever could make it.
well... you think you're a big rock star and three people show up.
three people. one from Chicago, one from Michigan, and one
from Pennsylvania. well, as it turns out the party from Michigan
and the party from Pennsylvania were married last night."

i was only able to speak "thank you, Linford," and he
asked "so Jay and Lindsey, did you go through with it?"

after answering him stunned, he asked us to stand
and lights were shown on us as the crowd cheered.

we didn't know what to say except thank you.
in talking to Linford afterwards, he told us that he did indeed
read my post from last week and that he is very happy for us.
what do you say to someone who's song has entwined with
so many life events as ours?
i mean, the first time i proposed to Lindsey we were enjoying
a candle-lit dinner and listening to his solo piano cd.

Linford Detweiler is a good man.

Lindsey and i returned from Stratford Ontario last night
to our new home in Dexter, Michigan.
despite mid-renovation surroundings, no kitchen yet,
and no phone installation until the seventh of January,
we are doing quite well and will enjoy our first Christmas
together alone with no travels.

there are so many conversations to have next year.

until then, i pray a fullfilling Christmas season
and trouble-free millenium celebration for you all.

good night and God bless richly,

edward jay

<<(\,- Sir Edward Jay, the Second ov Harnish -,/)>>
    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ICQ #13819982   ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
          http://members.aol.com/jaharnish2