Re: poll of the day

jessyka says:
>for me, it seems to be a *how does it feel (to be on my mind)* day, week,
>month.  so many people seem to brush past, not really listening to what i
>have to say.  maybe it's because what i have so eloquently presented in my
>own mind turns into mush when spoken or written.  it's almost as those my
>friends/acquaintances/family/schoolmates can sense me there, my fingers
>running through their hair as the wind blows through it...and yet they
>cannot
>hear me, or understand me.

what a clear picture, jessyka!  when i start to feel as if everyone is
brushing past, it's then that i have to wonder if i'm just brushing past
everyone else as well, not taking the time to interpret their eloquent
thoughts...but i somehow have the feeling that you *do* truly listen.

>amy joy...what an interesting question...and i hope your *latter days* mood
>wears off soon.  or maybe the *latter days* mood is good for you.  i know
>it
>brings me great saddness at times...and at other, great revelation.

i've noticed that my "latter days" moods tend to bring with them both
revelation and a deep, painful, joy...it's the times that i'm the most
spiritually aware that i'm also the most aware of the darkness and pain in
my life, the lives of people who i love dearly, and the world in general.  i
can choose to allow that darkness to overwhelm  and choke me, or i can
choose to embrace it, allowing it to show me the fuller, other side of
joy... does any of this rambling make sense to anyone?
anyway, it seems from the responses to this question that we tend to be a
fairly melancholy, yet hopeful, group of people.  (with the possible
exceptions of weston and mark...)  maybe it's the weather. =)

--amy joy