Re: poll of the day

I wrote:
>NP: Ben Folds Five - The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner

Which reminds me... I'm having a BFF "Mess/Magic" day... Those two songs
back to back rip me up inside.  The two songs themes as I see it- loss of
innocence, loss of a friend/love- don't really signify what my day's been
like today, but it really makes me think of all the things going on in my
life right now.

It makes me sad, but it makes me happy.  Sad for the things I've lost in my
life, but happy that there is a lot in life to look forward to.

Very much so.

  "You're the magic that holds the sky up from the ground
   you're the breath that blows these cool winds 'round
   trading places with an angel now..."

Thank you Amy for bringing up this topic.  Otherwise I probably wouldn't
have thought about it as much.  I probably would have paused during these
two songs, still.

Ben's really got a gift, I tell ya... He can be truly fun and wild and
crazy, and then he rips your heart out with such beautifully poetic ballads
(Brick, Mess, Magic, Smoke, etc)...

Ahem... I'm ok now... :)

Dan

NP: the same

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
   dantemm at erinet_com      http://www.dlm.net/gc/
+- Life is so much cleaner on the page (chromakey)-+