Re: Kelsey & Ric, guitarists...

Coyote wrote:
>In other News- This Friday night at the Brady Chirs Carter
>and Andy Stephan (both formerly of the Twistoffs- now of
>Stankfoot) will be playing the Brady. Is this Good? Damn
>Good. for you local Kelsey fans and This is a show not to
>miss. Carter maybe the only guitar/bassist I know of that
>could keep up with Kelsey (who is IMprobably unpopularHO
>better at what he does than Ric.

Well, it's all opinion anyway, but I'd probably agree with you- to some
extent.  But concerning guitarists (or any other musician), once you get to
a certain point, it'd really hard to say "who's better."  It's all so
subjective anyhow...

Ric Hordinski's and Michael Kelsey's styles are MILES APART.  So, I try not
to compare.  I might say that Kelsey is more original (I've never seen
anyone like him), but I might also say that Ric is more elegant and
improvisational.  I don't know if I could make a statement as to which one
was better... It depends on the time of day and position of the moon (ie-
it's always changing).

My two fav guitarists are Nuno Bettencourt (don't laugh, his overall
musicianship is incredible- not just a guitar player) and John Petrucci,
but I'd say that Michael Kelsey, Ric Hordinski, Joe Satriani and some
others all play on a superior level.  It's hard to distinguish which one is
better, seeing as "better" is up to one's opinion anyhow...

In other news- the CPA exam is done.  I am fried.  I am gonna go take a nap
until next year...

Dan

NP: Janet Jackson - Design of a Decade
    [which contains a certain remix of a certain _RhythmNation 1814_ tune
that has a certain Portugeuse-born, Boston-raised, Austrailian-resident
playing guitar on... I'll trade some of my stocked up Emery Bonus Points
(tm) if anyone can guess who... actually, it's quite easy, since I listed
him above...]

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
   dantemm at erinet_com      http://www.dlm.net/gc/
+- Life is so much cleaner on the page (chromakey)-+