VoL vs OtR

Okay, so, the big news on the VoL homefront is that Kenny Hutson has
officially left the band.  Dang that sucks.

I was just thinking though...after hearing this news, I wasn't angry so much
as dissappointed and sympathetic...sympathetic to Bill Mallonee and the band
and wanting to encourage them and know that no matter what, with them, it
seems to just keep getting better.

OtR on the other...when I heard the news that Ric was leaving, I was kinda
ticked off and some of that anger was directed towards Linford.  When I
settled into the fact that he was gone, I realized that was probably better
for Ric, but I don't know if I thought that was better for OtR.  And then
Mike, now Brian...the same process....

Throughout all that though, I don't know if I ever felt sympathetic towards
Linford, Karin or the band.  Why is that?  Where does the difference come
in?  Both VoL and OtR have frequently changed line ups, yet, there seems to
be a completely different attitude with the changes.  Am I alone on this?
Are there any parallels to be drawn here or not?

Thinking out load...for once
Candace