Re: Rilke and Hurston

On Sun, 24 Oct 1999 19:15:30 PDT "Amy Joy Eversole"
<amy_smiley at hotmail_com> writes:

>i don't think chris or rilke or hurston would disagree with you,
>kelvin.
>there's a significant (although at times blurry) difference between
>being
>"comfortable" with questions and being "content with just
>questions"...  the
>point IS to be moving toward an answer, but i think that we also have
>accept that many answers don't come easily or quickly, but we can't
>sit
>around waiting for a clear path instead of accepting the answers we
>receive,
>accepting that we will never receive some answers, and living life
>fully
>regardless...

I totally agree - I think.  Especially in a spiritual sense.  I know for
a fact that the amazing personal/spiritual growth I've experienced over
the past six months has not come from the solutions to the problems or
the answers to the prayers.  It has come mostly from the process of
praying, weeping, praying, trusting, praying, searching, praying,
waiting, and - oh yeah, praying.  But I still don't believe we really
learn from a process until that process is brought to a close.

A quite rushed/ home for lunch type thought.

Kelvin
Get free e-mail you don't need Web access to use --
Or get full, reliable Internet access from Juno Web!
Download your free software today: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagh.