Re: Can we talk?

> > Can I take that as a negative appraisal?
>
> I haven't seen the film.  I automatically take all brad pitt films
> at face value before I see them--sex appeal.  Let's face it, the guy
> has minimal acting ability *MINIMAL*  and as another guy, that's what
> I'm focusing on.
>
> The only Pitt movies I'd recommend are the ones where other actors
> stood out and eclipsed him think Legends..., Meet Joe...etc.

Hmm.  Well . . . . I think I've already established myself as a target
here by endorsing Fight Club so strongly.  So what the heck.  I think
Pitt's done a fine job in what he's done in the last several years.  I
don't think he's proved himself any sort of be-all, end-all actor.  He's
got this problem, though, just to start with.  He is the alpha male.
Sheesh.  I mean, waddaya do with a guy like that?  He doesn't diet, he
smokes, he works out sporadically, and he still has the Greek God/Celtic
Warrior phsyique.  It's annoying.  Even if you think he's ugly, he is
still extremely striking as a human animal.  This limits the sorts of
roles he can play.  Maybe.  Mm.  Whatever.  I'm just withholding complete
judgement on the boy.  I suspect he'll do a lot of fine work before he
retires.  And . . . as for the present round of Pitt-ness: he is actually
satiring himself in this role.  That's as much as I can say without
spoiling part of the movie.  And have you seen his new Rolling Stone
cover?  The one where he's in the dress?  It's a complete send-up of Brad
Pitt as pin up.  There's a whole spread of him in dresses inside.  Then
the interview is this amazing thing where he is actually agressively
unwilling to comment on much.  He talks, but he keeps talking about the
interviewing process itself.  It's strange.  It's the kind of
use-it-but-hate-it attitude toward the media that is perfectly gen X.
But it wasn't a pose.  Uh uh.  It was weird and good.  That's my 2 cents,
is all.

Spacey, of course, is great.  But is he the greatest?  Dunno.  He's got
competition.

> The only Pitt movies I'd recommend are the ones where other actors
> stood out and eclipsed him think Legends..., Meet Joe...etc.

Interview with the Vampire?  12 Monkeys?  Se7en?  Kalifornia?  Not
**bad** work at all.  Even if the movies were iffy (Kalifornia), not bad
work.

> As opposed to Brad Pitt, Kevin Spacey is a BRILLIANT actor.  Maybe
> in another 20 years Pitt can aspire to this level...

Well, maybe.  It's impossible to argue this.  Maybe in 5 years we'll find
that Spacey is out of tricks and Pitt has just begun.

Maybe I am Brad Pitt.

I would have a hard time explaining my bank account if that was the case,
though.

But maybe I am.

Maybe.

Hello.