That inexplicably free show...

To those of you who didn't come to Xavier for the free
OtR show on Sunday, well, I won't say you missed a
*whole* lot, but it was an interesting show.  and for
a good cause from what I gathered...

Bruce, Amyraven and I hung out in the lobby while the
opening band played.  It was just way too loud in that
gym to be able to hear ourselves think- much less talk.
I noticed that on top of the sign-up sheets said "Over
the Rhine Mailing List (aka The Key to World Domin-
ation)."  We mentioned this to Linford- he had nothing
to do with it- I guess it's been on the sign-up sheet
for a bit... it just has new relevance now, I guess.

Anyway, Linford came over to talk to us before the
show.  Apparently, the recording is done, and they're
going down to Nashville this week to mix it.  He hopes
to have a pre-release sort of thing together by the
Xmas show.  It's gonna come out on a label sometime
next year- but he wouldn't tell us, 'cuz it's not set
in stone yet.

Throughout the afternoon, Bruce had the inexplicable
fascination with saying "inexplicable."  It was quite
humorous... he said it twice within about two minutes
to Amy and me.  I mentioned it to him... :)  Then he
said it again while talking to Linford.  Linford was
probably wondering why we were laughing...

Anyway, on to the show- Karin started it off with
just her on stage playing "Seahorse."  Some other
notable things of the show:
-The acoustics of a basketball gym suck.  Really bad.
-Terri's singing was great.  In fact, it was nice
 that they had her mic up louder than say..um, the
 Blue Jordan Fest.
-Terri busted out the violin for "Orphan Girl"- albiet
 shortly, but she played it nonetheless...
-No drummer, but Karin stated that it would be a 7-
 piece band at the Taft Xmas show...
-They played mostly the same set of songs they've been
 playing... mainly GDBD and after stuff with CoQ thrown
 in.

Just thought I'd throw in my little review.  There weren't
many listies that I knew there, that I could tell.  Amyraven,
Bruce, another Amy... 'bout it...

back to studying...
Dan

NP: Linford - I don't think there's no need to bring nothin'
   good studying CD... I think I'm on my 8th listen today... :)

+-    Dan Temmesfeld          Galactic Cowboys on the Web    -+
    dantemm at erinet_com           http://www.dlm.net/gc/
+- Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the show? -+