@@@ band to band combat gig in Cleveland @@@

hi.

it's me, jg, acting in my unofficial capacity as Anne E. Dechant ambassador
to the world,  letting you know that there is a contest called Band to Band
Combat held in selected cities.   Anne E. has already won Round 1  and if
she wins Round 2 in the City Finals then she'll proceed to Washington DC
and/or  Detroit and face off with those cities'  winners.
( i think that's right, anyway.  something like that)

Jessyka came to see Anne play out on Friday night,  (and thank you for
coming, i hope you enjoyed yourself!!) here at the Brady, so if i get
details wrong maybe she'll fix them for you,  but it works like this:  You
pay $5  for an evening of 3 bands  (or is it $3 for 5 bands?)  and the nice
Lucky Strike Cigarette Company has ballots you fill in with your vote for
best band of the evening.  (i'm hoping you'll all come and check off the
"Anne"  box, of course),   and if she wins this she gets a song included on
the Band to Band Combat Compilation CD,  and ~you~  get one of these CD's in
the mail for free  (they know who you are because you voted).   You also get
a handy 15 minute free phone card and maybe other goodies just for showing
up.
I think ultimately the winner  (go, anne e.  go!)  gets  $2,500 and some
studio time as the grand prize.

so,   you're thinking,  "o.k.  i'll go and see anne  play and have a nice
time in Cleveland.  it sounds good.  when is it, jg?"

it's at a place called the Phantasy Nightclub and it is located on 11802
Detroit Rd. in Lakewood, OH,  which is pretty much Cleveland;  a western
suburb.  The date is November 6th and   the competition starts at 9 p.m.
i think Anne  said she plays last  ( i like to think of it as
"headlining").   If you remember your last OtR concert itinerary,  OtR is
playing the Symposium on the  19th, so you could consider this a dry run to
find  your way to the not-very-large-and not-many seats-so -get -there-early
Symposium show,  which happens to be right next door to the Phantasy.

If you're local or semi-local and this is doable,  please come and help vote
for Anne E. DeChant and advance her to the national level.    who knows,
this could be the break for  anne that __kiss me__ was to Sixpence NtR.
(well, maybe!)    And this may be important:  because of the connection with
the Cigarette Thing,  this is a 21 and over show.

You know i think she's good,  but you don't have to take my word for it.
ask Jessyka.

thank you, music lovers.
back to Over the Rhine talk now....
jg