Re: That inexplicably free show...

hello, dear ones...
since there were so few of us at the xavier show on sunday, i thought i'd
add my own little version to that of dan's.

>To those of you who didn't come to Xavier for the free
>OtR show on Sunday, well, I won't say you missed a
>*whole* lot, but it was an interesting show.  and for
>a good cause from what I gathered...

karin said it well when she stated, "this is one crazy gig..."  the friends
who went to see the show with me kept commenting on how unlively the crowd
seemed.  i noticed a few people who couldn't help but mouth almost every
lyric along with karin, but for the most part, it was a sit-still and appear
detached kind of crowd.  at least the band looked like they were having fun
with each other.  even david, the new bass player, started to grow on
me--his very own style of head-bobbing stage presence is actually becoming
endearing instead of annoying...

>-The acoustics of a basketball gym suck.  Really bad.
inexplicably bad.  linford made a great comment about feeling as if we
should all be swimming in a huge pool while they played.  it did kind of
feel like we were in a pool, as we sat on a blue tarp-covered floor...

>-Terri's singing was great.  In fact, it was nice
>  that they had her mic up louder than say..um, the
>  Blue Jordan Fest.
>-Terri busted out the violin for "Orphan Girl"- albiet
>  shortly, but she played it nonetheless...
hooray for terri!  it was so _good_ to hear her harmonies clearly (well, as
clearly as possible in a gym)  i was just sad that she spent more time
tuning her violin before the show than she did actually playing it later.

>-They played mostly the same set of songs they've been
>  playing... mainly GDBD and after stuff with CoQ thrown
>  in.
it was a nice rainy afternoon--a good day for the comfort of the familiar...

>NP: Linford - I don't think there's no need to bring nothin'
>    good studying CD... I think I'm on my 8th listen today... :)
have any of you read the companion book to linford's solo cd, with the
photography of michael wilson and the writing of dave nixon (the pastor who
married linford and karin.)  it's pretty nifty.  of course, i live with
dave, so i might be a bit biased.

peace and hope (i need a little of both today...),
amy joy