Re: Silent Movies

> The most impressionable
> part of the movie was when the young man apparently died and was being
> carried out in a coffin with a glass window over his face.  The scene
> was alternatly showing his face through the window (with his eyes wide
> open) and then the tops of the trees- what he would be seeing as they
> were carrying him out.

I believe I've seen this movie.  I don't think it was either silent or
foriegn--I could be wrong, but I at least don't think it was sub-titled.

Wasn't it a kind of "fall of the house of usher" kind of plot where this
family has this disease and they fall terribly ill and people think
they're dead and bury them--but they're really alive and they end up
waking up and dying in their coffins?  IIRC wasn't there a love interest
with this young guy who was buried alive and didn't he dig himself up
out of the grave to find his friend, or brother or someone putting the
moves on his honey?  I may be imposing the wrong memory on this, but
wasn't it called Buried Alive?

I saw this movie on Shock Theatre.  It came on every friday night at
midnight--or was it one?  That's where I saw all the classics, like Dr.
Faustus, Them, The Food of the Gods, and so many others I can't
remember...

Oh yeah, and that vampire movie where all the vampires were women--I
think that one warped me.

--m