Re: What about Headman Shabalala?

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:02:32 PDT "Debbie Flinchpaugh"
<debflinch at excite_com> writes:

>NO I do not think they do. I think people are apathetic to anything
>that
>does not affect them. Moreover, even if it does effect them as long as
>it is
>not a big deal then they still do not seem to care. I am tired of
>apathy. I
>wish people would wake up and realize there is more to life than what
>is in
>our personal box.

Yeah, this sounds great and everything, but I see several problems:

1.  If I cared about everything my ulcer would be totally untreatable and
I would be worthless because my entire being would be plagued with worry
and doubt.  Therefore, I am selective about what I will worry about and
will probably choose things that effect me the most.

2.  When I do worry about something (such as this so-called fairness
ammendment thingy) If I don't worry in the same way or from the same
perspective as certain others, I am accused of being apathetic at best, a
hate-monger at worst.  So I worry and am still considered apathetic.

3. One man's carrying out of justice is another man's miscarriage of
justice.  (i.e. the aforementioned fairness ammendment thingy)

4. I can only view life in terms of my personal box.  I'm not responsible
for what I don't know or what I truly believe is not important.  If I
gain new information or my heart is changed then, and only then, will my
box change - along with what I worry about.

5.  Worrying is debilitating and is not of G-d.

6. I am really trying to slow down the greying process!

Just some thoughts to worry about...

Kelvin

NP: Fono - goesaroundcomesaround