Re: foreign film.

In a message dated 10/11/99 9:28:34 AM, Jaharnish2 at aol_com wrote:

>interesting i should spend last night watching
>City of Lost Children with my beloved, only to
>see now that you had spoken of it the night previous.
>this was at least my third (and best) viewing
>of this genious french film.
>there's another film by the same makers,
>with the same cast... the name escapes me
>at present, but it is also along genious status.

I am afraid the genius of this one escaped me. My only memeory of it is
watching it in the dark with a handsome young mand and...er...not making it
through to the end. But then, as I've stated before, such things as Gertrude
Stein bother me. it's that whole upending of reality/nightmare thing.

>i have a unique specialty if anyone is interested...
>some people cook exceptionally, some juggle,
>i offer amazing showings of Metroplis.
>it is obviously a silent film, and i have developed
>the perfect mixed soundtrack for it. i take two
>stereos and weave my industrial/ambient/?
>collection thru the viewer at distinct points of the film.
>machine sounds in time with the film from the front,
>sweeping ambient sculptures from behind.
>chanting and small bits of terror mixed in for good measure.
>...all shrouded by the gilded glow of candlelight
>and thick scent of nag champa.
>
>i'm not opposed to openly saying that this is
>one of the most unique experiences available.

So can I just pencil this in, or do I need a reservation?