RE: Over-The-Rhine Digest V2 #806

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999 19:53:58 -0400 "Chris Emery"
<chris.emery at ecoutlook_com> writes:

>Just preface with which god you're talking about - don't assume
>there's only
>one!

There's the beauty of innumerable sunrises and sunsets, painted, I believe,
by a single sun. Scores of sandy beaches embraced by the same body of water.
Thousands of gorgeous women walking the streets outside of my window, but
only one distant heart pumping the blood through my veins. I don't know
where she is today or whether I will know tomorrow, but one day I hope,
she'll step out of my dreams and into my life. The shard of reality I call
'me' is a painful mess of indescribable beauty, so intensely beautiful that
I must conclude I was not painted by committee.