Re: Dave on bass / remembering my first OtR show

Chris Emery wrote:
>> David's old Fender bass had all that room to
>> move underneath the world and I got to listen to his playing
>> in a brand new way.
>
>Dave is pure joy to watch.   Dan, you and some others who I know have been
>to a handful of Monk shows Dave played on will agree - he was meant to play
>the bass.

Yeah, Dave LaB's cool.  His bobbing head motions crack me up... :)

As for OtR bassists- I still remember seeing Mike Georgin play for OtR the
first time I saw 'em... spring '98.  That was one of my fav OtR shows...
every show since then has been different and great shows, but nothing could
top that one.  Brian was happy, Terri up front on a chair playing violin
with Karin beside her, Mike playing bass (and even pulling an electric
upright out for some songs).

Two oddities about that show that I remember- Jack was facing backwards
most of the time, and Linford was setup on the right of the stage...

Anyway...

Dan

NP: Garett Buell (of Caedmon's Call) - Foreign Mission

+- Dan Temmesfeld      Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
    dantemm at erinet_com     http://www.dlm.net/gc/
     I pray that I will never ask for justice...
+-         Atomic Opera _For Madmen Only_          -+