Re: New Instant Listie Poll! (was RE: Instant Poll! (was RE: OtR @ Sharon Woods))

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999 12:38:52 -0400, you wrote:

>This reminds me of a thing that Douglas Coupland had in his novel
>'Microserfs'.   In the exposition, while introducing the main characters,
>the protagonist mused about what each person's best Jeopardy categories
>would be.   I think this would make a fine subject for another Instant
>Listie Poll!

Lovely book, that one.

>My Jeopardy categories would be:
>
>Text-based adventure games of the early-mid 80's

Yikes! Have you ever heard of a programming language called INFORM? It
generates Infocom-esque text adventures. REALLY some good news ones
out there... Let me know if you need links.

>70's progressive rock
>Object Oriented Programming architectures
>How not to meet women
>Breakfast foods
>Science fiction authors of the 60's
>Inside jokes

Mine would be:
Dog Training
Humor
MOJO (duh!)
Shakespeare
Miatas
Women
Writing
probably minor areas in Movies and Music...

Andrew Vogel: Program Manager at the University of Cincinnati College of
Pharmacy.               http://pharmacy.uc.edu/default.html  (513)-558-3784